October 5, 2008

Quote for the week


General Conference was so inspiring. I wish I could have listened to every talk but Toby needed a little extra lovin.' I think a tooth is about to emerge because he's been a lot more fussy and clingy. Thus I had to lay down next to him whenever he needed a nap and stay next to him or he wouldn't sleep. I think that qualifies as an excused absence, don't you? :) But really, I didn't mind too much since I knew I could just read all the talks in the Ensign in a couple of months OR I could just listen to them online. What wonderful times we live in to be able to have those options! But from the talks I did hear, I just ate up every word. There were so many good one liners, I wish I would've written them all down. I don't know why I am always surprised when there are talks that seem like they were tailored just for me and my current circumstances and worries. So since I didn't take notes, I am going to post an inspiring quote by one of my favorite former General Authorities - Elder Neal A. Maxwell. No one puts it quite like him. Also I want to post a favorite quote at least once every week or two.

"Genuine hope is urgently needed in order to be more loving even as the love of many waxes cold; more merciful, even when misunderstood or misrepresented; more holy, even as the world ripens in iniquity; more courteous and patient in a coarsening and curt world; and more full of heartfelt hope, even when other men’s hearts fail them. Whatever our particular furrow, we are to 'plow in hope,' without looking back or letting yesterday hold tomorrow hostage." -Elder Neal A. Maxwell

1 comment:

Natalie Kay said...

Hi Debbie! I found your blog through Dan's. You little boy is so cute!