June 1, 2012

Sad day

It is a sad day at the Sibert house.  Our sweet Kaya passed away peacefully today.  We took her into the vet to have more blood work done and the doctor said there was no need.  Her stomach was bloated and there was fluid in her lungs - which are the first signs of her organs shutting down.  Nick called me, totally choked up, and told me the horrible news.  We made the decision to put her down because the vet said she was likely suffering more each day.  There is no replacing a dog like Kaya. We are going to miss her so much. The only thing that gives me peace is to know she is no longer suffering or in pain...but I am still so very sad to see her go. 

Goodbye, sweet Kaya. We hope Mikel is taking good care of you on the other side.
 







7 comments:

Kris Atkins said...

I am SO sorry. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet. In fact, the only time Kurt has cried in the 6 years that I've known him was when Zumi died. People who don't have pets just don't understand.
We'll keep praying for you.

Karisty said...

You'll be in my prayers.

Aleta said...

Sad! I was hoping things would work out and that she would get better. It's hard when they are such a big part of your family :( I hope you guys are doing ok. I'll pray for your family if you pray for mine ;)

Mrs. Slabbert said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb,

I'm so sorry...Kaya was an awesome dog. I teared up when I read your post. I really do hope she is with Mikel.

Hugs,

Beck

Nicole said...

I am so sorry Debbie. She was so young. I am praying for you and your family.

Jessie said...

Oh, man. I'm sorry to hear she had to leave you.