October 1, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year...


FALL! I love fall. It is my favorite season hands down. The weather is perfect - usually in the crisp upper 60's to low 70's, (even though right now its unusually warm in the mid 80's). I love looking at the mountains this time of year, splashed with orange, yellow, and red.
I have been trying to soak in this season as much as I can. So a couple weeks ago I went with my family up to Sundance and took the ski lift to see all the color changes. Even Toby loved the ride and being out in the fresh air.

And last weekend we went with Nick's parents to one of my favorite places to visit in Utah - Midway. It's a quaint and adorable little city nestled on the other side of the mountain from Provo. It has a lot of Swiss influence, hence the biggest hotel is named after a touristy ski resort city in Switzerland called "Zermatt." Nick and I like going to "The Homestead", another charming resort, to sample some of their homemade fudge. It's SO good!



These pics with Mary and Bob are on top of the crater at "The Homestead." Its 55-foot cave filled with 90 degree mineral water. My little sister, Vanessa and I actually snorkeled in it a few years ago. Its pretty amazing, but a little intimidating when you first go in because its very dark and the water is so clear you can see right to the bottom of the crater.

This is the view from inside the crater, looking up.

This pic shows just how very dark it is in there, even with the light shining through the top.


I attempted to take a pic of the water but again, its pretty dark so it didn't really turn out that well.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

I LOVE fall too! It used to be my favorite season, but now I think spring and winter are tied with it. :D Your haircut is mucho cute!! Love the bangs.