May 12, 2009

Miss you...


Nick is going to attend his Grandma's funeral in Portland, Oregon this weekend. He will be gone from Thursday night until Monday afternoon. This is definitely not the first time that we have been apart since we have been married, but still whenever I think about him leaving I get so sad. Nick and I don't have a lot of close friends outside our relationship. As cliche as it may sound, we are each others best friend. We confide in each other about everything, we tell each other the smallest details about our days (especially me), we love to laugh and tease each other, and snuggle up on the couch to watch the newest Redbox release on Friday night. Anyway, tonight the reality of him leaving hit me harder than usual. To make matters worse, I saw a mushy AT&T commercial where the boyfriend leaves and sends pictures to his girlfriend of all the places he is site-seeing until he sends a picture of her sitting next to the ocean- obviously missing him. She turns around and is thrilled to see him standing right there. I know its just a dumb commercial but the timing of it seemed to evoke more emotion than I wanted. No I didn't cry. I am not a big cryer. But I did feel a twinge of emptiness when I thought about Nick's upcoming absence. The song on the commercial is called "The Coffee Shop." It has always been a favorite so I had to put on my blog playlist.

Nick, just want to say I love you and miss you already....

No comments: