September 7, 2008

Thanksgiving Point Gardens

Yesterday we decided to walk around the gardens at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi. I hadn't been there since my senior year in High School. It was so beautiful! It made me think of Pemberley in Pride and Prejudice with all the little paths and quiet, shaded areas.



































Nicks favorite part was the waterfalls. Apparently they are the largest man-made waterfalls in the western hemisphere. They were pretty impressive to see.







































Toby was fascinated with everything. It was fun to see his eyes light up when we passed some colorful flowers or when he heard the cascading waterfalls. Having a baby seriously makes you look at everything as if it was the first time. It makes you really appreciate all the beauty this earth has to offer.






































This mysterious little tunnel was so neat! I loved the wooden doors at the end covered in ivy. I wanted to get a picture taken next to it but ended up doing a self-take because Nick was eager to see the waterfalls.







































































Why so SERIOUS?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

that place is gorgeous! I love it!

Kristina said...

I love Thanksgiving Point gardens! I've been there once... at night... freshman year... and I've wanted to go back ever since. Never did make it, though, lol. By the way, Kurt and I agree: Toby is the cutest little baby. And so good natured. We'll miss y'all! Come visit (with or without the rugrat :D )