July 8, 2008

Chunky Monkey!

Well its confirmed - Toby is one big boy! We took him to his 4 month appt. and he weighs a whopping 17 lbs. and is 26 and 1/2 inches long! The doc said he looked more like a 6 month old, but not to worry because he is perfectly healthy - just large for his age. She said the main reason he weighs so much was because he is really tall and that he has his parents to thank for that (Nick is 6' 2" and I am 5' 8"). She also said since he is so large, we could start mixing some rice cereal in with breast milk. That was a huge relief because he was always hungry! No joke - less than an hour after feeding him he would want more! I felt like a human bottle more than a mom. We have given him rice cereal twice now and he seems to like it and doesn't need to nurse as often. Not only that but he is sleeping longer stretches at night now - wahoo! I can finally tell people that Toby is sleeping through the night. I was so tired (literally) of hearing about all the babies that slept through the night that were born around the same time as Toby!

These are some of my all time favorite pics of him. I love the first one because he looks so grown up and wise to me - the way his hands are resting on the pillow and his leg. It makes me laugh. The second one is so adorable because he is in his tight dinosaur pj's that look like they are going to burst open any moment. Also his cheeks are really rosy - which is a trait he inherited from me. A bit of his British lineage showing through I suppose.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck he is a cutie! I want to kiss those adorable cheeks.
Karisty

Anonymous said...

I LOVE, L-O-V-E this picture of Toby. He looks so cuddly, you just want to hug him!
-Beck