August 8, 2016

Toby's baptism


I have a lot of catching up to do! In my defense, my last computer was slowly dying and wouldn't let me upload pictures. Thus, I couldn't update my blog.  We got a new computer and now I'm attempting to document the past 5 months. *gulp*

On April 9, 2016 our little Tobester decided to get baptized and become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It's a big deal in our faith for a few reasons. As said, we officially become a member of our church and we make a special promise to do certain things, like remember Jesus Christ, keep His commandments, and take upon ourselves the name of Christ--or do his work. We also receive the Holy Ghost as our constant companion. We belive he is the 3rd member of the Godhead, who guides us, comforts us, warns us of danger and is a witness of truth -- as long as we live worthy of his companionship. 

As parents, Nick and I were thrilled that decision came from Toby.  He is our most headstrong, independent child who isn't a fan of going to church for 3 hours each Sunday (let's be honest, it's hard for us adults too sometimes). When he told us he felt 'very happy' on his baptism day and that he was glad he got baptized, I beamed with pride. 

A few pics of the special day.


 Some cute friends of Toby.


Our awesome, supportive fam.  Toby is blessed with some wonderful grandparents.

Next post: Aspen's birthday!

No comments: